At a time when our physical and digital lives seem to be merging more seamlessly than ever before, driven by rapid technological advances combined with our changing behaviors, this call for projects invites researchers and journalists to explore new immersive or virtual experiences and the underlying distributed and open infrastructures that are being designed to support the evolution of the web.
Examples of media or society use cases include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Immersive, user-centric experiences that connect media brands and their audiences based on user needs
- Technologies and implications of projecting one’s identity as an avatar into an immersive or virtual world
- Synthetic media, including AI-generated content to enrich immersive experiences and connected worlds
- New revenue models for the media based on decentralization, blockchain technologies and token-based economics
- Blockchain-based applications to improve public trust in the media
- The legal, ethical and social issues related to this theme